Travelers who are on vacation with children will be interested in visiting Canada’s Wonderland amusement park. It is also striking in its scale, the total area of the park is more than 130 hectares and is divided into ten different thematic zones.
For those who can’t get enough of the local attractions, check out Ontario Place, a family-friendly entertainment complex.
Shoppers will love the city as well, and you can find a ton of interesting high-end boutiques and stores on Yorkville-Bloor.
Be sure to stop by the city’s oldest market, St. Lawrence Market, which spans a massive block.
Toronto is also suitable for thrill-seekers: the city is home to the EdgeWalk, an extreme attraction located at the CN Tower. At a height of 365 meters there are no barriers or handrails and the only precaution is a safety harness with a rope.
- Toronto is not the capital of Canada. The capital is the city of Ottawa. This is something to remember.
- Of all the megacities in the world, Toronto has the third highest number of immigrants living in it, behind only Dubai and Miami.
- In total more than 180 languages and different dialects can be heard in the city.
- About 47% of citizens here were born outside Canada.
- Toronto is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the city with the longest system of underground pedestrian tunnels. Their total length reaches almost 30 kilometers.
- There is a whole underground city in Toronto. It is called PATH. The underground city is located in the center, its floors are lit and heated. This city has stores, restaurants, and even parks.
- Only Italy has more Italians than Toronto.
- Drake, currently the most famous hip-hop star on the planet, hails from Toronto and is much loved here.
- Toronto is home to over 30 annual festivals and cultural events including Scotiabank Nuit Blanche, Winterlicious and Summerlicious and Doors Open Toronto.
- The Toronto Islands, just a short ferry ride from downtown Toronto, are the largest car-free urban community in North America.
- The famous Casa Loma Castle is the only truly authentic castle in North America.
- Toronto’s streetcar system is considered the largest in the Western world, based on categories of regular service, route length and number of streetcars.